Zedbed introduces new Air+ foam mattress in Las Vegas
Michael J. Knell -- Furniture Today, July 23, 2013
SHAWINIGAN, Quebec — Canadian specialty mattress producer Zedbed is expected to debut a reticulated foam mattress at the upcoming summer edition of the Las Vegas Market.
David Gélinas, the family-owned manufacturer's vice president of marketing, noted that unlike standard memory foam, reticulated foam has large, open pores which allow maximum air circulation.
Reticulated foams are highly porous and have been used in other consumer durables such as outdoor furniture and air conditioner filters. "But they are relatively new in bedding applications," he said.
Mattresses made using this foam will be marketed under the Air+ name and will be designed to sell at price points between $1,999 and $2,999 - putting it firmly in the mid-range of Zedbed's product assortment. At the market, Zedbed will show one model covering in an outlast fabric ticking. Gélinas said more models will be added at the Canadian Home Furnishings Market next January.
Placed under the memory foam layer, Air+ redistributes the heat generated by the user. Gélinas believes the greater cooling capability is its single greatest benefit.
"Air + technology allows the air trapped between the other layers of foam to evacuate more easily and maintain ideal sleeping temperature," Gélinas said, adding, "Another significant advantage of this foam is that it uses a special built-in formula for anti-microbial protection, preventing mold growth."
"The Air+ is a highly breathable mattress support layer contributing to a more consistent airflow across the entire mattress," he said.
Also at market, Zedbed will expand its G+ technology to its line of latex foam mattresses. Introduced earlier this year at TCHFM, G+ are gel pads that are easily inserted or removed from the mattress surface to provide more warmth or more coolness as needed. The sleeper can also reduce or increase the number of G+ pads used on their mattress.
"It is now possible for a customer who prefers the comfort of latex foam to benefit from the advantages that a gel infused memory foam mattress offers," Gélinas said.
Zedbed's showroom is located in space C-1558 of the World Market Center. The summer edition of the Las Vegas Market runs from July 29-Aug. 2.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...