Industry bike team raises funds for Autism Speaks
Thomas Russell -- Furniture Today, July 24, 2013
STERLING, Va. — Allen Parvizian, president of consulting and liquidation firm APJL Consulting, and a group of industry supporters, are participating in the fourth annual Bike to the Beach event to raise funds for Autism Speaks, a national autism research and advocacy group.
The 105-mile ride takes place Aug. 2 and will start in Washington, D.C. and end in Dewey Beach, Del. Parvizian, who has participated in the ride for the past three years, has recruited 20 riders, the largest team he has assembled thus far.
Parvizian, who serves on the board of Autism Speaks National Chapter, said about $30,000 has been raised thus far, but that other pledges and commitments are still coming in. He hopes to raise $100,000, which would break his previous team record of $70,000.
Including the $30,000, Parvizian and his team members have raised $180,000 for the Autism Speak over the past few years.
A Platinum sponsorship is available at $2,000; a Gold sponsorship is available at $1,000; a Silver at $500 and a Bronze at $250.
According to its web site, Autism Speaks was founded in February 2005 by Bob and Suzanne Wright, grandparents of a child with autism. A longtime friend, Bernie Marcus, donated $25 million to help financially launch the organization, which has become a leading research and advocacy organization that helps fund research into a neurological disorder that is said to affect one in 70 children. The organization also educates the public about autism and provides support to individuals with autism and their families.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...