Eric Hinshaw and Carolina Mattress Guild launch luxury bedding division
David Perry -- Furniture Today, July 24, 2013
LAS VEGAS — Carolina Mattress Guild owners Neal and Kathy Grigg are teaming up with bedding veteran Eric Hinshaw to launch a new luxury bedding division of CMG called Carolina Knights.
Hinshaw, who retired from Kingsdown last year after more than three decades as the company's CEO, returns to the bedding industry as the president of the new division. He will be in the CMG space at the World Market Center, B-946. Neal Grigg will remain president of the parent company, Thomasville, N.C.-based Carolina Mattress Guild, allowing that organization to retain its status as a family-owned and operated business, he said.
Carolina Knights, "Purveyors of Fine Bedding," will produce exclusive lines of premium priced bedding products, made from the highest quality components available around the world, officials said.
"We are thrilled to expand our brand by adding this complementary division headed by someone of Eric's knowledge and reputation in our industry," said Kathy Grigg, CMG's vice president.
The new subsidiary will be located at the Carolina Mattress Guild headquarters facility in Thomasville, and will be aided by additional production capabilities out of the company's Orlando, Fla., facility.
"After packing 12 years of retirement into 12 months, I realized that being a part of the industry I have loved and served for so many years is what makes me truly happy," Hinshaw said. "This exciting new venture gives me the opportunity to be a part of bringing better sleep to the world through exclusive design and innovation, which has been my passion for most of my adult life. I am also looking forward to working with Neal and Kathy, two of the few people in the bedding industry who share both my passion and my tenure."
"Eric has been known around the world as a true innovator in the design and marketing of sleep equipment," said Neal Grigg. "I believe Carolina Mattress Guild's 22 years of experience producing a high-quality, cost-effective product, combined with Eric's innovative nature, will allow this exciting new collaboration to give retailers exactly what they need: a significantly higher gross margin on each product sold, and a very satisfied customer."
Hinshaw is anxious to return to the bedding arena in Las Vegas.
"I'm looking forward to networking, seeing old friends, and certainly making new acquaintances," he said. "This industry truly gets into your blood. Except for my family and friends, of course, the people in the bedding business are where my life, my love, and my happiness reside. I so look forward to getting back into the game."
- Jan 25, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...