Furniture First welcomes three new members
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, July 25, 2013
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Furniture First is growing by three new members.
Recently, the board of directors approved three new retailers as members of the national buying group that represents the over $2 million full-line independent retailers of home furnishings and mattresses.
With the new additions, Furniture First's roll grew to 431 member stores in 47 states.
The new member stores are Koerner Furniture, Coeur d'Alene, Id.; Quality Furniture Co., Murfreesboro, Tenn.; and Sweat's Furniture, Brunswick, Ga. All three new member stores are family owned and operated and have lengthy community histories.
Koerner Furniture is a full-line retailer, family owned and operated since 1978. Quality Furniture Company is in its third generation of family ownership, having served Murfreesboro, Tenn., and surrounding areas since 1969. Sweat's Furniture was founded in 1960 and has expanded through several locations as the business has grown.
"Furniture First is a cooperative in every sense of the word," said Bill Hartman, president of Furniture First. "By coming together, our members enjoy advantages typically available only to major retail chains. The size of our group and our in-house resources allow us to do things that independents struggle with when they go it alone."
Furniture First only takes on stores that are full-line independents that have been in business for more than five years, though the average age of member businesses exceeds 45 years. Stores are required to have good credit and meet minimum volume requirements. Most members, whether they have a single storefront or a chain of locations, serve the solid middle market of consumers.
Since the group is geographically exclusive by representation, members are not in direct competition with each other, adding to the overall willingness to share and collaborate among the cooperative's members.
Furniture First will be present at the Las Vegas Market in showroom B-962.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...