Second Las Vegas Market CEO Summit announced
Home Accents Today Staff -- Furniture Today, August 6, 2013
International Market Centers (IMC) and Eller Enterprises announced today that the second annual Las Vegas Market CEO Summit has been scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 29, and Thursday, Jan. 30, during the winter 2014 Las Vegas Market.
This executive-level conference for the gift and home furnishings industry will include keynote addresses, panel discussions and presentations, as well as exclusive networking opportunities for participants.
"This executive-level gathering is designed to address critical business issues and provide insights into the issues - and opportunities - across today's gift and home furnishings industries," said Scott Eckman, IMC's chief marketing officer. "For 2014, the conference content will encompass subjects relevant not only to gift and home décor specifically, but also to home furnishings in general. Las Vegas Market is committed to providing a forum that addresses the key topics, including financial, operational and global issues that are of concern to all of our stakeholders."
Confirmed speakers to date include:
• Charles Garcia, former White House aide under George W. Bush and nationwide leader in the Hispanic community, who will address the rising consumer influence of Hispanics in the U.S., and suggest how the gift and home furnishings industries can cater to this community in everything from product development to company operations
• Vivek Kundra, the first U.S. chief information officer appointed by President Barack Obama, who will speak about proper IT planning for businesses and the role that data will play in the future to transform businesses into worldwide organizations;
• Susan Packard, co-founder of HGTV, who will present "Entrepreneurship: How to Create and Build Great Companies," using examples from her own career successes and discussing her best practices experience of entrepreneurship.
Several other speakers are in the process of being confirmed and will be announced soon, according to a press release.
The inaugural Las Vegas Market CEO Summit was held in January 2013, and conference organizer Randy Eller said the combination of hard-hitting keynote addresses, lively panel discussions and informative presentations was greeted enthusiastically by leading industry executives.
"No other industry event allows top-level gift and home furnishings industry executives to interact and exchange ideas in an educational and inspirational environment," said Eller, president of Eller Enterprises. "The exceptional quality of the speakers and presentations presents an unparalleled opportunity for industry executives to address issues that affect their individual businesses as well as the overall world economy."
The three speakers all have achieved national prominence for their business acumen and communications strategies. Garcia currently is chief executive officer of Garcia Trujillo LLC, a consulting, merchant banking and venture capital firm. He has worked as an aide to four U.S. presidents, serving on President George W. Bush's Commission on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans, as chairman of the Board of Visitors of the U.S. Air Force Academy, chairman of Aetna's external advisory council on diversity and a member of the board of directors of Winn Dixie stores.
Kundra is executive vice president of emerging markets for Salesforce.com, a visiting Fellow at Harvard University, the chair of the World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on the Future of the Internet and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. As U.S. CIO under President Obama, he was responsible for managing $80 billion in annual technology spending, adopting game changing technologies, strengthening the cyber-security posture of the nation and launching an open government movement which has been replicated around the world. Prior to joining the Obama administration, Kundra served as the chief technology officer for the District of Columbia and as assistant secretary of commerce and technology for the state of Virginia.
Packard is co-founder and former chief operating officer of HGTV, and held a variety of senior positions at HGTV's parent, Scripps Networks Interactive, a leading developer of lifestyle-oriented content for television and the Internet. Most recently, she served as president, Brand Outreach, responsible for aligning corporate citizenship activities. Packard has also served as president of Scripps Networks New Ventures, where she oversaw the development and launch of DIY Network, Fine Living Network and interactive platforms. Before that, she was president of worldwide distribution for the Scripps cable brands.
The Las Vegas Market CEO Summit is co-produced by IMC and Eller Enterprises and sponsored by leading sales agencies, key industry service providers and top suppliers. The first six confirmed sponsors for this year's event are Toronto-based Giftcraft, an innovative supplier of gifts, home décor and functional lifestyle products; Philadephia-based Ivystone Group, a leading sales representative agency and provider of business solutions for independent retailers; and four returning sponsors from last year's event including Demdaco, a leading representative agency specializing in artist-driven gift and home décor products that lift the spirit and help people connect in meaningful ways; Brandwise, an Application Service Provider that delivers sales solutions to suppliers and their sales organizations; Evergreen Enterprises, a one-stop shopping experience featuring furniture, decorative accessories and functional items for outdoor living areas to the heart of the home; and Wheroware, an online strategy, marketing development and design firm that creates smart, online solutions for businesses.
Industry executives who attended the first CEO Summit praised the event. "The inaugural CEO Summit was a great event, and well worth the cost for such a great line up of keynote speakers and session topics relevant to C Level Management," said Lendell Glassco, president of Paragon. "As a business owner, it was very helpful to hear how other companies in our industry are adapting to constantly changing business conditions. I'm sure everyone came away with an idea or two that can be implemented in their own environment to be more successful."
"The CEO Summit had quality speakers that addressed business topics for the senior executive audience," said John Keiser, president of Onecoast. "The extended breaks provided an excellent opportunity for the attendees to interact with each other on a level that is not possible through the normal course of business and trade show schedules."
For more information on the 2014 Las Vegas Market CEO Summit, visit lasvegasmarket.com/ceosummit.
- Jul 15, 2011
- Nov 21, 2012
- Oct 29, 2013
- Oct 18, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...