MicroD buying FurnishWeb developer
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, August 19, 2013
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Home furnishings retail technology company MicroD has signed a deal to buy Internet Databases, developer and marketer of the FurnishWeb business-to-business portal technology.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
FurnishWeb's "cloud-based customer service and collaboration solution enables home furnishing manufacturers to electronically share product information and manager orders with retail dealers and sales representatives," according to a MicroD release.
The addition of FurnishWeb will extend MicroD's range of e-commerce and Web solutions for both suppliers and retailers, the company said. The FurnishWeb staff, including Internet Databases founder Barry Welch, will join the MicroD team.
"Home furnishings companies are quickly recognizing the importance of the Internet to their success and sustainability," MicroD President and CEO Manoj Nigam, said in the release.
"Today's manufacturers must provide the accessibility, visibility, and accuracy needed to conduct business at the speed of the Internet," he said, adding that the acquisition positions MicroD "to streamline the home furnishings value chain as a single source provider."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...