Contemporary case goods source Exstra Design to debut
Thomas Russell -- Furniture Today, August 23, 2013
HIGH POINT — Exstra Design, a new contemporary case goods company formed by industry veterans Steve Kayne, former president of Excelsior Designs, and Alfred Birnbaum, former president and design director of Casa Stradivari, will launch at the October High Point Market.
The company will occupy a 3,000-square-foot showroom in space 310 of 220 Elm, where it will showcase a line of bedroom, dining room and occasional. The market runs Oct. 19-24.
Kayne and Birnbaum are overseeing product design and will also manage sales, marketing, sourcing production and distribution.
"We are very excited about the prospects for this new partnership," Kayne said in a statement. "We look forward to building close relationships with a variety of customers, and offering them inspired designs at exceptional values. We are proud of our heritage and look forward to our future as we are committed to creating the best possible products without compromise."
The company said its line will incorporate global design influences and combinations of mixed media materials such as stainless steel, exotic woods, shell, mosaic glass, leather, lacquers and marble.
The company has both corporate offices and a warehouse in North Amityville, N.Y. In addition to shipping from the domestic warehouse, it will offer container direct shipments.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...