Michael Hoffman, Carol Glaser in expanded roles at Bob's
Clint Engel -- Furniture Today, August 28, 2013
MANCHESTER, Conn. — With the retirement of industry veteran Stan Adelstein from Bob's Discount Furniture earlier this year, Bob's associates Michael Hoffman and Carol Glaser have moved into expanded, executive roles.
Hoffman, formerly general merchandising manager for the Top 100 company, is now executive vice president merchandising and marketing, having taken on additional marketing responsibilities at the promotional to midpriced chain.
Glaser, formerly divisional merchandise manager, was promoted to senior vice president of merchandising, reporting to Hoffman.
Hoffman previously reported to Adelstein, who had been chairman responsible for merchandising and marketing. He retired in March after more than 20 years with the company. Hoffman has been an associate of Bob's since the retailer acquired his family business back in 2002.
"Michael is a long-term associate with the company; he has been intimately involved with both the marketing and merchandising of Bob's for many years," said Bob's CEO Ted English. "We're excited he stepped up to take advantage of this opportunity."
Bob's is No. 16 on Furniture/Today's Top 100 with estimated sales of $685.3 million last year at 43 stores, up 7.3% from 2011.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...