Delivery firm Exel Direct renamed MXD Group
Larry Thomas -- Furniture Today, September 4, 2013
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Last-mile delivery provider Exel Direct has been renamed MXD Group after the company's acquisition by the private equity firm Platinum Equity.
The new name alludes to the company's origins as Merchants Home Delivery Service.
Until its recent acquisition, the delivery company had been a unit of Exel Inc., a multibillion-dollar worldwide logistics provider.
"The transition to new ownership has been good for our business and is opening up many exciting opportunities," said David Vieira, president and CEO of MXD. "We are continuing to focus on serving our core customers, while expanding our reach and pursuing new end markets. Launching our new MXD Group brand is an exciting step in the evolution of our business."
The company specializes in last-mile "white glove" deliveries for North American retailers and has numerous clients in the furniture, electronics and appliance industries. It executes about 2.3 million deliveries annually through a workforce of independent contractors.
Bryan Kelln, a Platinum Equity partner and president of its portfolio operations, said the business is well positioned for future success.
"We have worked closely with the management team to create a shared vision for the future of this business," Kelln said. "We are excited about its prospects and are committed to helping it thrive as an independent enterprise with a new identity."
The rebranding includes the launch of a new website, www.mxdgroup.com.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...