Furniture/Today's Top 25 Bedding Retailers for 2013
Mattress Firm leads bedding retailers with 41.1% increase
David Perry -- Furniture Today, September 2, 2013
The Top 25 U.S. Bedding Retailers, led by a sizzling Mattress Firm now in the top spot on the list, posted a 16.3% increase in bedding revenues last year.
The strong performance of the group, which featured 12 double-digit sales gainers, demonstrates the growing clout wielded by major bedding retailers.
Houston-based Mattress Firm, with a 41.1% bedding sales gain last year, leaped far ahead of Sleepy's to claim the top position on the Top 25 list. Mattress Firm generated total bedding revenues last year of $1.07 billion and was the only bedding retailer to crack the elite billion-dollar threshold.
This exclusive survey ranks the Top 25 Bedding Retailers based on estimated 2012 sales of conventional mattresses and box springs, as well as foam bedding, futons, air beds, adjustable beds and waterbeds. Estimated figures do not include sales of headboards, frames, mattress pads, pillows and other related products.
All sales figures, except those of publicly held companies which break out bedding sales as a separate line of business, are Furniture/Today market research estimates. Data is based on the 12-month period ending closest to Dec. 31, 2012. Company notes include the date of the fiscal year end or the 12-month periods that deviate from that date.
Sales estimates were derived from a variety of sources, including the 2013 published ranking of the Top 100 Furniture Stores, the companies themselves, discussions with industry suppliers and analysts and public company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Sales were assumed flat for those retailers where 2011 data was not available when comparing total 2012 and 2011 data for the Top 25.
For the entire report, see the 02 September 2013 print issue of Furniture/Today or click here for the exclusive online edition.
- Oct 24, 2013
- Oct 20, 2013
- Oct 18, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...