Latex International to launch new cost-cutting foam
David Perry -- Furniture Today, September 5, 2013
SHELTON, Conn. — Latex International, a producer of Talalay latex foams, has developed a new latex formulation that it says will help bedding makers cut their production costs.
The company's new Controlled Thermal Reaction Latex is a patent-pending formulation of latex that can be used with traditional flame-retardant products rather than the more robust - and more expensive - FR solutions that are normally required for latex foam beds, officials said.
The new latex will be available this month and will be shown at next month's High Point Market.
"This product was developed following months of research and conversations with our customers," said Latex International President and CEO Dave Fisher. "Controlled Thermal Reaction Latex works with manufacturers' existing FR solutions to reduce the number of FR SKUs, save money, and enhance the feel of their latex mattresses."
Made at the Latex International factory in Shelton, Controlled Thermal Reaction Latex is available in Talalay process latex, Dunlop process latex, Talatech formulation, and the 100% all natural formulation, officials said.
They said the technology is an industry first and provides manufacturers with multiple benefits in one cutting-edge component. The formulation will allow manufacturers to use their less expensive and widely available FR solutions with latex mattresses, officials said.
"Our future success in the component industry revolves around the fact that we are enhancing our quality and continuing to be innovative and introduce new latex technologies," Fisher said.
"Controlled Thermal Reaction Latex is a game-changing material which we believe will help us build the already growing latex category. This is the most important new latex solution brought to the market in the last 25 years and it fills a need for our customers. In addition to helping manufacturers build better feeling beds, Controlled Thermal Reaction Latex will increase their profitability."
Latex International officials said the new product reflects the company's commitment to bringing innovative latex solutions to sleep products manufacturers. The introduction of Controlled Thermal Reaction Latex follows the company's successful launch of graphite-infused latex at the Las Vegas Market earlier this year, officials said.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...