Farmers Home Furniture plans new distribution center
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 6, 2013
DUBLIN, Ga. — Farmers Home Furniture has acquired a lumber company warehouse here to expand its distribution operations, according to a release on the Dublin-Laurens County Development Authority's website.
The expansion is a $4 million investment for the Top 100 company and will add 62 jobs over the next 10 years, the release said.
Dublin, Ga.-based Farmers was founded in 1949 by the late Sherwin Glass. The promotional to midpriced retailer is now an employee-owned company with 1,900 employees and 180 stores in Georgia, Alabama, Florida and the Carolinas.
Farmers is No. 38 on Furniture/Today's Top 100 with estimated 2012 sales of $180.1 million at 177 stores.
According to a local television report, Farmers had been leasing a small portion of the 330,000-square-foot facility that it now has acquired.
"We continue to honor Sherwin's dream by investing in small town America and providing opportunities to live and work in small towns," Farmers President Phillip Faircloth said in the release. "Dublin holds a special place in the hearts of all Farmers Home Furniture employees because our dreams and plans begin right here in Dublin."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...