MicroD buys Channel Redefined
Clint Engel -- Furniture Today, September 2, 2013
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Industry retail technology company MicroD has acquired e-commerce specialist Channel Redefined in a move MicroD expects will strengthen its online solutions for retailers.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Channel Redefined co-founder Jesse Akre will join MicroD as senior vice president of e-commerce solutions.
In a release, MicroD said Channel Redefined has been helping traditional furniture retailers navigate e-commerce trends, giving them control of their online marketplace while building their "e-commerce strategy and creating compelling online opportunities for retailers to increase sales."
Akre, his wife, Jennifer, and other founders of Green Bay, Wis.-based Channel Redefined, have more than 15 years of experience in e-commerce.
Earlier this year, the company helped develop and launch Hooker Furniture's iStore system, a locally focused e-commerce website program for Hooker dealers.
"E-commerce and e-tailing have and will continue to be a growing trend in the home furnishings industry," said Manoj Nigam, MicroD president and CEO. "The talent, experience and knowledge that the Channel Redefined team brings to MicroD will enable us to offer our customers unparalleled success and proven results for e-commerce. Our goal is to continue to be a leader in the industry and provide a one-stop shop for our clients."
MicroD also recently acquired FurnishWeb, which Nigam said enables the company to provide a portfolio of online solutions for industry suppliers.
"With the merging of these two outstanding companies combined with the outstanding talented team we already have, MicroD is poised to strengthen our position as a leader and a single source solution in the industry for both the retailers and manufacturers," he said.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...