Summer Classics Finalizes Purchase of Parker James
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 2, 2013
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Outdoor furniture manufacturer Summer Classics announced the company has completed its purchase of the remaining shares of Parker International, which operates under the trade name Parker James.
Jim Parker, CEO and 60% owner of Parker International, LLC, sold his remaining ownership to Summer Classics, which owned the remaining 40% of Parker International. It will act as a subsidiary of Summer Classics. Terms of the transaction are private, according to a press release.
Harold Hudson, the former senior VP of marketing, national accounts for Summer Classics and an employee of Summer Classics for more than 20 years, will serve as the new president of Parker James.
"We are excited about this next phase of the Parker legacy, and plan to grow what Jim has built for the last 11 years," said Bew White, III, CEO of Summer Classics. "Harold has assembled an operations team from Summer Classics that, frankly, is incredible."
"I am excited about this opportunity to take Parker James to the next level under the Summer Classics umbrella," Hudson said. "We have assembled a great team here at Summer Classics to help us accomplish this goal."