Austin retailer joins Contemporary Design Group
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 18, 2013
SAN DIEGO — Skandinavia Contemporary Interiors in Austin, Texas, has joined the Contemporary Design Group buying group here.
Skandinavia is owned and operated by Shawn and Erika Olsen, who acquired the retailer in 2005. It has been in business since 1971.
CDG's president, Howard Haimsohn, said the Olsens will bring experience to the group.
"Austin is a very hip, cosmopolitan, and contemporary market," he said. "We're proud to work with one of the finest contemporary stores in the area."
Shawn Olsen said Skandinavia believed CDG and its members would offer "fresh ideas, purchasing power, strategic thinking, some added significance, plus the opportunity to build on friendships, and stay retail-fresh with ideas shared across the group."
The Contemporary Design Group is a buying and performance group of independent home furnishings retailers, specializing in modern and contemporary design. With Skandinavia, CDG now has 24 retail members with 39 showrooms in 36 cities.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...