Ikea opens largest North American store in Montreal
Michael J. Knell -- Furniture Today, September 23, 2013
MONTREAL — Ikea Canada has opened the Swedish home furnishings giant's largest store in North America with the completion of its outlet in the suburb of Ville St. Laurent here.
The project doubled the size of the store from 237,473 square feet to 469,694 square feet. Ikea Montreal offers customers some 1,407 parking spots and has a 600-seat restaurant, 48 cash lanes, 54 inspirational room settings and two full home settings.
"We are thrilled to be able to reward both our customers and coworkers with a world-class store," Ikea Montreal store manager Alain Cloutier said. "The new store will offer a superior shopping experience (and) more in-store services and the larger warehouse will ensure that even our kitchen customers can take home their purchases the same day."
Ikea Canada said the store will be 40% more energy-efficient than the last wave of stores built in the early 2000s. In addition to the jobs created during construction, Ikea has recruited an additional 50 co-workers for the new larger store.
In the past 18 months, Ikea Canada also has opened new stores in Ottawa, Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Richmond, British Columbia.
Ikea Canada has 12 stores across the country, which it says are visited by more than 25 million people every year.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...