Pier 1 names former JCP exec Eric Hunter EVP-marketing
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 24, 2013
FORT WORTH, Texas — Pier 1 Imports has hired former JCPenney executive Eric Hunter as executive vice president-marketing, responsible for the Top 100 company's brand image and integrated marketing efforts.
Hunter, with more than 15 years of marketing experience, most recently was senior vice president of marketing and acting chief marketing officer for JCPenney in Plano, Texas. While there, he led strategy, research, creative, media, customer relationship management and digital direction for the department store company's brands.
Earlier, he was chief marketing officer and group president with Kellwood Co., a portfolio company of Sun Capital Partners that designs, manufactures and markets premier fashion brands. Before that, Hunter worked with PMK/HBH/Momentum Worldwide, the promotional marketing arm of Interpublic's McCann Worldgroup, and Creative Artists Agency.
"As we look to the future and continue the development of our omni-channel business, 1 Pier 1, strategizing and effectively implementing the breadth and complexity of marketing activities is vital for our success," Pier 1 President and CEO Alex Smith said in a release. "Eric's broad marketing experience in retail makes him well equipped to take on this pivotal leadership position."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...