American Home senior buyer Brian Martinez dies at 43
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 25, 2013
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Brian Martinez, a senior buyer and longtime employee of American Home here, died unexpectedly Sept. 21 at his home. He was 43.
Martinez joined the six-store Albuquerque-based retailer straight out of college 23 years ago, starting in the warehouse and working his way up the buying ranks. He most recently was senior merchandiser for case goods and had been responsible for the case goods side of the business since 2006.
"Brian is going to be sorely missed by our company," said Ted Leveque, chief operating officer, adding that his death was sudden and a shock for all his friends there.
"He was a great team player and excelled at everything he did. He was extremely well respected in the industry," Leveque said, adding that he has received many notes of condolence from industry friends who remarked that Martinez was "the most trustworthy person they've dealt with in our industry."
He is survived by his father and a sister.
Service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at John XXIII Catholic Community Church, 4831 Tramway Ridge Drive N.E. in Albuquerque.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests donations be made to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, 4600 Montgomery Blvd. N.E., Suite 201, Albuquerque, N.M. 87109
- Dec 16, 2013
- Dec 13, 2013
- Dec 13, 2013
- Dec 9, 2013
- Dec 6, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...