Furniture Today's 2013 Bedding Distribution Channel Report
Bedding specialists gain 3% market share
David Perry -- Furniture Today, September 23, 2013
Other key bedding channels, meanwhile, are holding steady, but lag far behind specialty stores and furniture stores in their positions in the market. Furniture/Today's latest look at bedding's distribution channels found some significant changes for the top two channels.
About the numbers Furniture/Today's exclusive 2013 Bedding Distribution Report breaks retail bedding distribution out in seven channels: Bedding specialty stores, furniture stores, department stores, direct-to-consumer, warehouse clubs, "other", and factory direct.
This report is updated every two years. The 2013 report documents the positions the channels occupied at the end of 2012. Figures are based on 2012 retail sales of traditional and specialty bedding sleep sets.
Furniture/Today prepares its channel figures by monitoring the performance of key players in each of the seven channels and estimating the performance of other players in each channel. Its sources include the list of the Top 25 U.S. Bedding Retailers, the Top 100 U.S. Furniture Stores, and the Beyond the Top 100 list of furniture retailers, as well as reports on the performance of public and private companies in each of those channels. In addition, the newspaper asks Top 15 bedding producers to provide confidential estimates on the market share held by each of the distribution channels, and to provide public comments on key developments in those channels.
The 2013 Bedding Distribution Report was compiled and analyzed by Executive Editor David Perry and Director of Research Dana French.
For the complete report, see the 23 September 2013 print issue of Furniture Today, or click here for the exclusive electronic edition.
- Oct 24, 2013
- Oct 20, 2013
- Oct 18, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...