Hackney Home Furnishings, Davis Furniture, team up
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 30, 2013
ATHENS, Tenn. — Hackney Home Furnishings, Inc. and its two companies, H.Home and Holland House, have announced a strategic alliance with Mississippi based Davis Furniture.
The alliance will result in Davis Furniture bringing its years of experience as a manufacture of domestic upholstery to Hackney Home Furnishings with ensuing products coming to the market under the moniker of Davis Home.
As a part of the agreement, Hunter Davis, who most recently was president of Davis Furniture, has joined the management team at Hackney Home Furnishings, Inc. as vice president of sales and merchandising, a new position.
Hackney Home Furnishings will add to its manufacturing operations all of the capacity at Davis' 140,000 square-foot upholstery factory in Houlka, Miss.
Davis has a national reputation for producing and selling show-wood upholstery, and at the upcoming High Point Market, Hackney Home Furnishings, doing business as Davis Home will introduce six new upholstery groups that they have made. Additionally, they will show several other new groups with up-dated styles and fabrics all of which will be part of the company's quick-ship warehouse program.
This alliance also enables the companies to integrate and expand the strong assortment of imported case goods from David Direct into the offerings of Holland House.
"This is an exciting opportunity for Davis Furniture to join forces with the Hackney Corporation," said Hunter Davis. "The alliance allows us not only to continue to manufacture upholstery in Houlka but we will also be manufacturing our goods in Hackney's facility here.
"Being part of the team with Hackney Home and Holland House really opens the door for us to not only take what we do to the next level, but to seek out new product categories in the near future," Davis said, adding, "and our customers can count on us for the same strong service, design and support that they always have because we've kept all the same people as we've joined forces with this great company."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...