Ron and Joyce Wanek, Ashley Furniture donate more than $1 million to Schank Park
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 30, 2013
ARCADIA, Wis. — This area's residents have a new place to play soccer and picnic, thanks to more than $1 million in donations from Ron and Joyce Wanek and Ashley Furniture Inds.
To create a functional field in Schank Park, Ashley started by donating more than 100,000 cubic yards of soil valued at $300,000 in site preparation costs.
In addition to developing the field, the Waneks and Ashley provided support to build a picnic pagoda and constructed a full-service community and family pavilion named in honor of Joyce A. Wanek.
Volunteer time to help build the park was donated over the years by William Koslo, an attorney for Ashley, along with company Chairman Ron Wanek and the Ashley executive staff and engineering department. Once completed, total investment in the park is expected to exceed $1.6 million.
- Dec 19, 2013
- Dec 19, 2013
- Dec 16, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...