Furnitureland South celebrates launch of Biltmore collection
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, September 30, 2013
JAMESTOWN, N.C. — Furnitureland South officially unveiled the the new Biltmore by Fine Furniture Design collection with a grand opening party on the campus here this past weekend.
The event, which attracted scores of curious consumers, gave them a chance to view the new collection and learn some of the history of the Biltmore mansion and George Vanderbilt, who built the home.
Jim Adams, CEO and President of Fine Furniture was joined by Timothy Rosebrock, vice president and general manager, licensed consumer products, for Biltmore, were on hand to explain how many of the piece in the line took their inspiration from furniture that the Vanderbilt furniture had collected from around the world.
Also participating in the celebration were Darrell and Stella Harris, founders of Furnitureland South and Johna Edmunds, Miss North Carolina.
The 75-piece collection is inspired by the 250-room grand estate built by Vanderbilt in the bucolic mountains of Asheville, N.C., in 1895, and features a mix updated traditional furniture designs in bedroom, dining room, occasional and accent furniture.
Woods and veneers used include okume swirl veneers, random matched rustic cherry, cluster oak, and styles range from updated European traditional to relaxed American casual. Accent pieces feature exotic veneers, hand-painted finishes and metal treatments. Fifteen custom finishes are offered.
Sixteen upholstery frames include chairs, ottomans, sofas and accent pieces in 40 fabric combinations.
"The more things change in today's chaotic world, the more all of us yearn for the nostalgia of yesterday," said Jim Adams, president of Fine Furniture Design. He added that with the Biltmore collection, "We've created a very eclectic blend of timeless designs that draw on the one-of-a-kind furniture, architecture, art and other design elements of this majestic, historic estate and updated them in a very fresh, exciting way."
No related articles for this topic.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...