Sit ‘n Sleep, Tempur-Pedic giving mattresses to firefighters
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, October 7, 2013
GARDENIA, Calif. — Mattress retailer Sit ‘n Sleep is teaming up with Tempur-Pedic to supply 140 mattresses to five Southern California fire stations for National Fire Prevention Week.
"Our goal is to provide customers with great mattresses for a good night's sleep and we are pleased to extend that promise to our local firefighters," Sit ‘n Sleep CEO Larry Miller said. "There's no better time to make this donation than during National Fire Prevention Week, when firefighters aim to make their communities aware of fire safety. We're glad to be able to help raise awareness and honor the men and women who protect our safety every day."
This week, Sit ‘n Sleep trucks will stop at the Redlands Professional Fire Assn., Rancho Mirage Fire Station, West Hollywood Fire Station, Montecito Fire Station and the Costa Mesa Fire Station to deliver between 10 and 60 mattresses per stop and haul away the old mattresses for recycling.
"Our firefighters are thrilled to be able to sleep on brand new mattresses," said Kevin Klar, West Hollywood chief. "Some of the previous mattresses offered little support to ensure a good night's sleep for our hardworking firefighters. The new Tempur-Pedic beds will definitely make a significant improvement to our firefighters' comfort and health, and we are incredibly grateful for the generous support."
Due to budget cuts and other rising costs, old, worn-out mattresses are often the last items replaced at fire stations, which prompted Sit ‘n Sleep and Tempur-Pedic's effort.
"We can't think of more deserving recipients than our local fire heroes," said Patrice Varni, senior vice president of Tempur-Pedic Brands. "We hope these mattresses provide extra comfort and support for the strain that long days and overnight hours bring to these firefighters. We are thrilled to be able to show our gratitude to our communities' firefighters during this year's National Fire Prevention Week."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...