Rosien named brand engineer at Restonic
David Perry -- Furniture Today, October 7, 2013
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Top 15 bedding producer Restonic has named Julia Rosien to the newly created position of brand engineer. She will report to Ron Passaglia, president of Restonic.
Rosien, a communications and social media specialist who chairs the board of Wi t h I t , will join Restonic at this month's High Point Market. Her official start date is Nov. 1 but she has already begun working with the company's leadership team.
"Julia's dynamic and creative approach to marketing and social media has cultivated thriving online communities that reach deep within our industry," said Passaglia. "She's incredibly detail-oriented, a team leader and navigates everything she does with a strong sense of integrity - must-have strengths that we're confident will play a critical role helping Restonic provide value to licensees and their customers."
He added, "Restonic recognizes the importance of reaching today's consumers through social media. Our current integrated marketing strategy is ready for a top-flight professional to take us to the next level."
Rosien formerly was communications director for Natura, a Canadian bedding producer. She was also a writer and editor for a number of national print and digital consumer- focused newspapers and magazines.
She has served on the boards of the Better Sleep Council and the Women Powering Technology group. And she has served as the digital voice of Dr. Breus' Dream Team, GoGirlfriend, SocialNorths and the Women in Biz Network.
"I'm thrilled to be joining such a respected and trusted company in the mattress industry," said Rosien. "The Restonic family has been supporting dreams for nearly a century and joining forces will launch them into a position to seize new and evolving opportunities on their horizon."
Her plans for Restonic include the launch of a newly designed website, a corporate blog and consumer-focused new media outreach.
"Julia is a leader in digital marketing, tackling challenges with a positive attitude, deliberate planning and measurable implementation," said Passaglia. "Julia understands online behavior and search engine requirements and how to marry those two forces to create success. We're looking forward to where she can take Restonic in 2014 and beyond."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...