HPU to host ceremony to rename center for Ron Wanek
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, October 15, 2013
HIGH POINT — On the heels of a sizeable donation made by Ron Wanek's charitable foundation, High Point University is set to name its student center in the Ashley Furniture Inds. chairman's honor.
On Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., the university is holding a ceremony to commemorate the naming of the R.G. Wanek Center on campus.
The center houses a satellite library, dining facilities and a cinema.
The Ronald and Joyce Wanek Foundation donated an unrestricted $10 million to HPU in July. While the donation was Wanek's first monetary gift to the university, he donated bronze statues of Pat Norton, Louie Blumkin and Howard Miskelly to the school in 2007.
"I've been coming to High Point for over 40 years," Wanek told Furniture/Today when the foundation made the gift this summer. "I know a lot of the students who have graduated from High Point University. I've toured the (campus) years ago. But what's happened in the last six years - the way the university has developed into such a class organization, is really unbelievable."
The event begins in the Hayworth Fine Arts Center, followed by the dedication and reception at the Wanek Center at 7:15 p.m.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...