Leather Italia to team with Chords for a Cause
Larry Thomas -- Furniture Today, October 7, 2013
WILMINGTON, N.C. - Leather upholstery resource Leather Italia and its CEO, Mike Campbell, are teaming up with the nonprofit group Chords for a Cause to raise money for a medical facility here that will be named for Campbell's daughter.
The group, founded by Wilmington cardiologist Dr. Damian Brezinski, has organized a concert on Sept. 28 that will benefit the Taylor Campbell Pledge Fund at the Jaycee Burn Center in Chapel Hill, N.C.
The burn center, which is part of the University of North Carolina hospital system, is working with Campbell and Brezinski's group to establish a treatment center for burn patients in the Wilmington area.
The facility would be named after Taylor Campbell, Mike Campbell's 10-year-old daughter, who was a patient at the Jaycee Burn Center after being severely burned when she was eight months old.
Brezinski, whose son attends the same school as Taylor Campbell, said the facility would provide follow- up treatment for local burn patients, who now have to make a 2 ½-hour drive to Chapel Hill for what is often a brief doctor's appointment. Some patients don't have the means to get to Chapel Hill, and may wind up skipping the appointments, he said.
"We have always been impressed with Taylor's courage and her spunkiness," he said. "That's why we decided to support Mike and his efforts to get a treatment facility here."
The concert features the Wilmington Symphony Orchestra and the alternative rock band Sister Hazel. Brezinski said tickets for the event already are sold out.
Additional information is available at www.chordsforacause. com.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...