Happy 4th of July Week
This is always an interesting week for a rep. Many of the factories take a planned factory shutdown / vacation. Many retailers and / or buyers are also on vacation or at least an extended weekend. That means the phones won't be ringing, and conversely no one will be there to take my calls.
And yet I feel like I should be trying to drum up some business for the second half of the year. This ends up being a perfect time to review where I am at with regards to the plans I set out back in January.
• Am I on track or off track?
• Are there lines I am doing better than expected and others I should do better?
• Are there customers I am not doing as well with as I wanted?
• What can I do this third quarter to make a difference?
• Where do I see the growth in the second half of the year?
• What am I going to do to capitalize on this?
Just because the factory is off doesn't mean I can't be productive. In fact 6 months ago I told you I was a big fan of the 100 Day Challenge Goal setting program by Gary Ryan Blair (www.MikeRootRecommends.com). This is a perfect time for me to review my progress over the last six months and set new goals for the rest of the year.
I would encourage all of you to take some time as summer business slows down to consider what you want to accomplish the rest of 2013. It's half over, but it's not too late to make this a special year. While everyone is shooting off fireworks, consider creating your own fireworks in your business and make 2013 the best year ever.