Furniture Today Staff, September 29, 2011The National Sleep Foundation, a Washington, D.C.-based group dedicated to improving sleep health, has conducted many polls over the years. One of that group's latest efforts, a Bedroom Poll, yielded some interesting results for retailers. More
Furniture Today Staff, August 16, 2011In our previous Mattress Metrics feature we talked about the all-important list of top features that consumers are looking for in picking one mattress over another. We said those features - a bed that provides the best night of sleep, is comfortable, durable and supportive - point the way for the attributes that bedding retail sales associates should stress in their presentations on the sales floor. More
By David Perry, July 11, 2008HIGH POINT — It was a year of contrasts for major bedding producers. Four Top 15 producers managed to generate double-digit sales gains, while three had double-digit sales declines. Overall, slightly more than half of the Top 15 saw their sales slip last year, according to Furniture/Today's latest bedding market share report. More
By Furniture Today Staff, June 4, 2008Furniture|Today's online Research Store features reports, surveys and whitepapers compiled exclusively for the furniture and home furnishings industries. We have recently added four new reports that you might be interested in--Top 100 Furniture Stores, Top 25 Furniture Sources for U.S. Market, Retail Bedding Spotlight and Retail Giants of Bedding. More
By Furniture Today Staff, March 27, 2008This special 22-page report takes a comprehensive look at bedding suppliers, producers, retailers and consumers. In this fifth edition of our annual bedding review, you will get a handy overview of several of the key issues shaping our industry. The concept here is to put critical bedding information in a freestanding issue that will be a handy reference source throughout the year. More
By David Perry, July 23, 2007High Point — HIGH POINT -- Bedding's Elite Three Sealy, Simmons and Serta remain the same in Furniture/Today's latest bedding market share rankings, but a growing specialty sleep player has cracked the Top Five. More
David Perry, July 23, 2007Here’s a quick quiz to test your bedding knowledge. True or false? Last year, only 8% of consumers who purchased a bed bought two or more beds. More
David Perry, June 26, 2007We can’t let another week go by without saluting some exceptional bedding retailers who blew the competition away last year. Yes, we are talking about the 10 bedding specialty stores that loomed large on our latest list of the Top 100 U.S. Furniture Stores. More
David Perry, June 19, 2007Our latest bedding producer rankings, which you’ll find in our latest print issue and soon in our online store, illustrate yet again the rapidly changing nature of our industry. There are some familiar shining stars but, overall, many of the industry’s best-known players experienced a tough year in 2006. More
By Furniture Today Staff, June 1, 2007HIGH POINT The 10 bedding specialty stores were the shining stars of this year’s Top 100 with a combined sales gain and store growth that markedly outpaced every other subcategory of this year’s list. More
David Perry, April 26, 2007HOUSTON Mattress Firm methodically is following a carefully considered growth plan devised by its savvy senior management team. More
News from the Web
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...
AFD Home Specials
- July 10-17, 2013Location: AmericasMart Altanta 240 Peachtree St. N.W.
- July 29 - August 02, 2013Location: World Market Center 495 S. Grand Central Parkway
- August 03-06, 2013Location: FLOOR 5, YINHAI BUILDING, YIXIN ROAD, SHUNDE DISTRICT
Sorry, no photos are active for this topic.
High Point Market
If you missed Jerry Epperson's "State of the Industry" webcast this week (05 June), click here to view the recorded version. This webinar will discuss the external factors driving our industry and the changes that we see coming this year and next. The event was sponsored by Nationwide Marketing Group.